Welcome to the Fall 2021 Semester! We've been keeping busy and want to officially announce the latest features that you've been asking for:
Support for bonus points has been a highly requested feature, and we're happy to announce it's now available! You can learn more about how it works here.
A new Course Creator
Getting your classes set up correctly is one of the most important steps to make Gradebook work best for you. The easiest way to add a course is to use a QR code or link from a friend, but last semester we also revamped the course creator to be more guided. We designed it with the goal of breaking down the steps into more bite-size pieces, and to reduce common errors we've seen in the past.
After overwhelmingly positive feedback, it's replacing the old way of creating courses. Your feedback prompted the following improvements:
- You can now defer setting up and adding assignments to your course
- A warning will appear when your assignment weights or grading scale seem off. This can happen for multiple reasons, from accidentally deleting an assignment to having incorrectly set up the course.
If you run into any issues, or have more suggestions, let us know!
Smarter GPA insights
Based on your feedback, we've improved our recommendation algorithm to better rank the classes that will impact your GPA the most.
We're also happy to announce that GPA support is now available at all schools!
Random notable changes
Here are a few highlights from the release notes:
- When importing a course, you can specify which semester it will be added to
- The tab title updates when you navigate to a new page
- We now support decimals in the grading scale (e.g. an A is 89.5)
- The tour we show to new users has been redesigned to be less intrusive and more useful
- In case you haven't heard it before, "bug fixes and performance improvements". We're always improving the app to make it faster and more reliable, which enables us to continue adding new features. Many bugs are reported by people like you, so if you have any issues or suggestions, contact us! ❤️